Friday, June 7, 2013

Cafe Sporty - Bodywork

 Bodywork is the spookiest part of a build for me. After countless hours of prep I hand off a set of irreplaceable tins to a guy that has never seen the actual bike and whom I hope sees the same vision I do the the final result. Scary and exciting at the same time.  Luckily I work with a great painter (Smokey's in South OC, CA) and have a ton of confidence he'll take care of me.


 First pic Smokey sent me of the process. Naked metal!

 Looking like everything is prepped and ready for primer. Tank is steel, fairing ABS and tail fiberglass and they all need to match.



Primer is looking clean. Smokey is saying prep work was minimal.

Came out of a meeting today to see this shot texted to me! I love red. Every really cool thing I've ever built was red. 

So, this was a few days later. Done deal and ready for pick up.

In the home stretch now!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment