Thursday, May 10, 2012

1974 Yamaha MX125

I hooked up with  the buddy of my then boss who had a mean fetish for vintage moto bikes. We had a lot in common and often shot the shit about these classic machines. One day he say's I'd like to recreate every bike I owned when I was a kid and I'd like you to restore them. Well, I love a challenge and he had the scratch to back it up, so off we went. This was the first of the lot and represents a relatively byzantine MX version of the 125 (the YZ being the more sought after). After quite a search, this turd of a motorcycle was the best I could come up with. It was mostly intact, but that was about all it had going for it and to the frame it went.


Nothing like thirty plus years of goo to make a project fun. 


Never did figure out what the silencer was capped with. It went right into the bin.


Bunch of pojects in play here. The frame for the MX, next to a frame for an RM250 I was building and a 74 GT80 in the background. Behind that  RM125 I picked up to chase my kid on the little RM to the left.

No comments:

Post a Comment