Thursday, May 10, 2012

1985 Yamaha RZ500


I've had a pantsload of bikes come through my garage and of the 40 something I only regret selling this one. 1985 Yamaha RZ500. Brought it in on a boat from Australia (box was labeled "parts" to avoid any drama) and did a mild resto. I used to just start it in the driveway just to listen to that motor sing. Four cylinder, two stroke and just lovely at full noise.

It needed all the normal stuff when I got it here (20,000 Kilometers on it), but motor and tranny were all good.  


Did some riding about and a few bike nights and then while selling another project a guy offered me an obscene amount of money for it. My heart said no, my mouth apparently said yes and I'll always remember the sight of it loaded in a truck and rounding the corner down the street from me and vanishing from my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment