Thursday, May 10, 2012

1974 Yamaha MX125 - Part 2

A full year on the box before it was done (in this shot it's about 90%). Quite a challenge, recreating correct finish on hubs and fork legs. Ended up polishing them and then doing a satin powdercoat over it to dull them back up to match the factory look. Found guys making repop tank stickers, fenders and seat cover. Also got lucky and found a facotry pipe in near perfect shape.

Probably 100 hours into the motor to make it run and look the period. Carb alone was a work of art.

Pretty bad ass for a 35 year old tiddler.

Lovely.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful bike. I'm in the process of restoring one right now, as a matter of fact. As I'm only 15 and this is my first restoration, I can't hope to get mine as nice as this, but I would like to get it close to stock and looking good. I'd love it if I could get in touch with you about how yours went, and maybe get some tips and pointers.

    ReplyDelete