Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Yamaha Bolt Build - Brat Style? Really?

Brat is a style of build I've never attempted and on a bike I've never touched. What could possibly go wrong?



Basic strippage happeing here. 

 

Oh yikes, there's all that plumbing again. Working on a plan to move/eliminate/hide a bunch of it. 






 Had a little Sporty tank to mock up with Calm down Yamaha purists, I'll refrain from using Harley parts in any fashion. Already had a few tuning fork hard cores get their panties in a wad over this topic. I'm just as much a Yamaha fan as anyone (slept with MX80 brochures under my pillow for a year as a kid!).



 

Exhaust is next on the to do list. Using a set of Cocktail Shaker mufflers from J&P Cycles to mock up with and I'm thinking I'll keep them. Should look and sound wicked!  This is my first exhaust build, so I'm stoked on how it's coming out. Pulled the rear fender and struts off, too. Really opens up the and simplifies the rear of the bike.


Sideview and beginning of front pipe.  May need a steeper upswing.


Now we're taking and yes that is the factory guard! 

 



Really starting to feel this style Mocked up another tank and a little fender I had laying around. It's feeling pretty bratty. Air cleaner now looking very wrong.

2 comments:

  1. hey man i was wondering if you ever finished this build? nickpasquale92@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool. Plz post the pic

    ReplyDelete