Sunday, June 3, 2012

Suzuki DRZ400s

Swapped my desert prepped RM250 for a sat too long and wouldn't run DRZ400. Some good parts on it, but was pretty porky. This was my third DRZ, so I knew what to do. 

Stripped and ready for love! All unnecessary tabs and pieces (chain guard, passenger pegs, etc...) were cut off. Ditched the short guy seat, added some real rubber and ditched the giant tail light assembly. Also went to RM from fender and black plastic in the back. Taller bars and Race Tech love for the suspension made for a solid and fun to ride bike. 

Easily on of my favorite places on the globe. Cleveland national forest behind the house. This was the day before Easter a few years back and it had rained the evening before. Had a rough week and needed to blow off some steam. Both DRZ and hill were ready for the job. 

This was DRZ #2. Motard seemed like a good idea at the time. Inverted fork and street rubber made it handle nicely, but 400cc motor was barely up to the freeway part of the job. I'd time my exit from work to hit as much traffic as I could so I'd never have to run it at freeway speeds. After 6 months I go bored with that plan and sold it. 

The Suzuki years. DRZ400S, DRZ Motard, V-Strom, LT250 quad and kids RM65.    
Final pic of the DRZ. Was great bike, but not used enough to keep around. 


No comments:

Post a Comment