Friday, May 25, 2012

1980 something Suzuki LT250

File this under "What the hell was I thinking?" Belonged to my niece and was really just a neglected pile of shit. At the time, I'd never built a quad and it seemed like a cool challenge. I feel differently now. 

As I tore into it, more and more of the thing revealed itself to be fucked. 

Like this...




Down to the frame it went and everything blue went to my powdercoater for a glossy black with a subtle white flake clear. Obviously rims ended up bubble gum pink. Apparently her cheer team colors were black and pink, so the quad needed to match. 

Learned the painful process that is front end alignment.  Two wheeled tings do not need this process and that alone might be reason enough to avoid future 4 wheeled things. 

Of course it wanted all new bears, sprockets, pads and tires, too. 

This is finished version. She was super stoked and it ran like a bat out of hell. I on the other hand vowed to never build another quad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment