Friday, May 25, 2012

2005 Suzuki RM250

I'd had a handful of 125's, and ready to step up. This was a Transworld test bike that came back to Suzuki and needed a good home. I took it for one ride and then down to the frame. 

Plan was for a hybrid MX/desert bike. Light and simple like a track machine, but 18" wheel, and more low end power for the desert. It came down to the frame for powder (really Suzuki? Gray?) 

Fresh everything and lots of carbon fiber to keep it light. FMF Gnarly and Q silencer, some minor jetting wrapped up the motor. Number was s celebration of my age at the time. Race Tech did the suspension and it will likely stand as the fastest I've ever gone through the woops on a motorcycle. I doubt I ever saw the potential of the bike and soon swapped it for another DRZ400. Buddy I swapped it to still has it, but has ridden the hell out of it and it's pretty tattered. Cool to see it do what I built it for. 


No comments:

Post a Comment