Wednesday, May 23, 2012

2000 Harley FLHT

This was huge for me. First new bike ever and by far the most expensive thing I'd ever bought. I worked at PM and had ridden just about everything before falling in love with the baggers. At this point in the custom bike timeline the Harley of choice was the Softail and touring machines were relegated to the old folks. In fact my coworkers refered to it as the Geezerglide. I on the other hand loved it. Some stylish wheels and seat and I rode the piss out of it. It eventually got pipes and Progressive shocks, too. 

Used it in a catalog so it got the high end photoshoot treatment. 

...and the skanky model, as well. Eventually sold it to the husband of a coworker who still has it, although with maybe 6 original pieces on it. It was the beginning of my love for the Harleys and timed nicely to the custom bagger trend. I built it 6 years before the Street Glide came out! 



One of the first helmet cams. Spitting lanes on the way to work. Did this pretty solid for an entire year, only getting in a car a few times during that period. 

No comments:

Post a Comment